Author House

Author House
Purchase Here

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

DYSLEXIA - Side Affects

There are many "side affects" along the pathway.  Mostly its frustration which causes much anger and tears.  Sometimes it's not only her frustration.  For the longest time she had problems with clothes.  Sierra would not wear jeans until this year, 2012.  Many materials and all tags bother her.  I have learned just to cut the tags out if she says something, it saves on wardrobe changes! She has major hair sensitivity.  No brush shall touch syndrome, is there such a syndrome?  I had to keep her her short until now as she screamed if you brushed her hair.  Funny thing is she literally laughs uncontrollably from being tickled if a hair stylist runs the water spout over her head. Funny girl.

Another unfortunate side affect is balance, my dear child falls Alot!  She is accident prone.  I am always afraid when I receive a school call during the day.  It's usually the nurse and she's never running a fever its always some odd ball accident.  She fell off the monkey bars the 3rd day of 3rd grade, the nurse stopped calling me about some things like scratches and cuts....   Although once in a while I would get called to warn me of her appearance. The last one I remember had to do with her hand being smashed by a ping pong paddle on the ground and she was no where near the table...how does that happen?

We were at Girl Scout camp and the girls blew their whistle and were screaming for help.   Immediately I jump up and thought oh my what now.  In the distance, we saw her friend bent over and someone said she was getting sick so her mom ran out to help.  The  next thing I know The friend's mom is carrying Sierra on her back!   Sierra had those brown burr type thorns in her feet.  I saw a few and started to pick one out of the heal and then a couple from the toe, once I moved around her where I could to see her entire foot, I nearly fainted.  Her foot was brown with burrs.  I had to try to keep composed so she did not realize how bad it was,  but I was freaking out. Both of her feet were covered with thorns.  How does someone walk both feet into a rug of thorns?  Thank God for her friend's mom as she is a practitioner and picked every last one of those out of her feet.  Sierra was very brave I was not.
There are dozens more and probably some I could not think of like the elevator incident but well leave that for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment